Polo enthusiasts saddle up for air ambulance as festival returns for sixth year
- Credit: Steve Adams
The Norfolk Polo Festival will be returning for the sixth year in June, once again raising funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
The event, hosted by the Royal Norfolk Polo Club, will be held at Langley Abbey Estate, near Loddon, on June 18 and 19.
And to celebrate the return of the popular festival, the EAAA's Dr Vicky Smith and public relations manager Jilly Hurley were given a polo lesson at the club by professional player Tom Dalton-Morgan.
Dr Smith said: 'It was wonderful to have the opportunity to have a polo lesson from such an experienced player in the beautiful surroundings of the Royal Norfolk Polo Club. We learnt so much and thoroughly enjoyed the day from start to finish.
'I am very much looking forward to the EAAA Polo Festival in June and hope to have another lesson soon.'
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk Polo Festival is firmly established on the EAAA social calendar, and is a great day out for all the family.
General admission costs £10, with children free, or VIP marquee tickets are also available with private lawns and silver service. There will be four polo matches each day including the competitive counties cup, free children's entertainment, exclusive shopping, great food and a bar as well as a free after party from 7pm on Saturday in the VIP marquee.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 8 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
Or you can visit the festival on Sunday, June 19, for a special Father's Day treat and the only opportunity this year to get up close to the East Anglian Air Ambulance's newest H145 in Norfolk.
Chris Townsend, owner of the Norfolk Polo Club, said: 'We are delighted to be hosting our sixth Norfolk Polo Festival in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance. We have seen the charity's life-saving work first-hand when a friend suffered an accident, and so we wanted to help raise much-needed funds to keep the charity flying.
'The Polo Festival is a great family day out and we hope that people will join us from across the region to support EAAA and enjoy some great polo.'
For more information about the event, visit www.norfolkpolo.co.uk
Are you holding a charity event? Email email@example.com