Polling stations open for Waterside by-election in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Voting is under way in the Waterside by-election in north Norfolk.
Polling stations in Catfield, Hickling, Ludham and Potter Heigham opened at 7am today, and will remain open until 10pm tonight.
The count will take place at Catfield village hall in The Street, Catfield, with the decision expected at about midnight
The seat on North Norfolk District Council is being contested by Tony Lumbard (Conservative), Marion Millership (Liberal Democrats), David Russell (Labour) and Barry Whitehouse (UKIP).
The by-election has been called after previous incumbent Ben Jarvis was removed from office after failing to attend a single meeting of the district council in six months.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?