Polling stations open for Waterside by-election in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Voting is under way in the Waterside by-election in north Norfolk.
Polling stations in Catfield, Hickling, Ludham and Potter Heigham opened at 7am today, and will remain open until 10pm tonight.
The count will take place at Catfield village hall in The Street, Catfield, with the decision expected at about midnight
The seat on North Norfolk District Council is being contested by Tony Lumbard (Conservative), Marion Millership (Liberal Democrats), David Russell (Labour) and Barry Whitehouse (UKIP).
The by-election has been called after previous incumbent Ben Jarvis was removed from office after failing to attend a single meeting of the district council in six months.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars