POLL: Cromer Academy to change its uniform
The headteacher of a north Norfolk school has vowed to help parents with cost after the majority of parents, students and staff who voted opted for a change of uniform.
Cromer Academy, which changed from Cromer High School in September under new headteacher Penny Bignell, has consulted students, staff and parents about moving away from the current style of a navy fleece and sky blue polo shirt.
And 79pc of staff, 70pc of students and 69pc of parents who voted opted for a change.
In a newsletter, headteacher Mrs Bignell said: 'We will be seeking opinions from stakeholders on the style and colour of the new uniform in the New Year.'
She added: 'The biggest concern from parents was cost and we will be addressing this by considering a free item per child or buying a bundle new uniform at a special introductory price and establishing a hardship fund to subsidise the cost where appropriate.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bignell also said that the school would be adopting a new motto, Aspiring to Excellence, which won the day when 48pc of people voted for it ahead of two other choices.
Last Monday, Mrs Bignell gave Cromer Town Council an academy update.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
She said it was the academy's priority for 'every' student to achieve what was required to be successful in life.
She showed a slideshow of recent photographs, and reported that the students had recently contributed to the Cromer Christmas lights-up evening, the Coast arts festival and had parcelled up 284 Christmas shoeboxes to send to deprived children in Novi Sad, Serbia.
? Do you think Cromer Academy should change its uniform? If so, what would you go for? Contact Steve Downes on 01263 513920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.