Policing plans in Norfolk and Suffolk under review following terror attack in Westminster
- Credit: PA
Policing plans in Norfolk and Suffolk are being reviewed following the suspected terror attack at Westminster.
Joint Norfolk and Suffolk temporary assistant chief constable Louisa Pepper, who leads both forces' response to counter terrorism policing, has released the following statement in relation to the incident in London yesterday:
She said: 'Following the tragic events that took place yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, March 22) in Westminster, forces across the country have been reviewing their policing plans.
'There is an ongoing police investigation being led by the Metropolitan Police Service Counter Terrorism Command into the incident, which has led to at least seven arrests and property searches in London, Brighton, Birmingham and Wales. It is important to note, however, that Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies have not received any information to suggest that there are further threats to the public in either county.
'Police and partners will continue to work with our local community leaders in the coming days and are currently reviewing all our policing plans to ensure we have done everything possible to protect the security of our residents, public institutions and critical infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
'Our security measures and activities are under constant evaluation with the current threat to the UK from international terrorism remaining at severe, as it has been since August 2014.We continue to ask members of the public to remain alert but not alarmed and advise people to report any suspicious behaviour or activity on the anti-terrorist hotline 0800 789 321 or in an emergency always call 999.'
A police spokesman added policing was 'constantly under review' whether due to local or national issues.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich