POLICE WARNING: Slippery roads around Norfolk
Police are warning of slippery roads following two incidents caused by icy conditions.
At 8.09 on Brands Lane, Felthorpe, one car was left on its side after sliding on an icy road.
One woman was trapped in the car, two fire engines from Sprowston and North Earlham attended and firemen rescued her by hand and placed her in the care of the ambulance crews at the scene.
The scene has been declared safe but the road is blocked until vehicle recovery arrives.
At Gypsies Lane in Ludham, two cars slid off the road at 8.17am, leaving the drivers shaken but unhurt.
The road was clear at 9.07 am.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village