Police warning about possible bogus caller in Norwich
Police are warning residents in the Old Catton area to be on their guard after a suspected bogus official tried to gain entry to a house in Warren Close last night.
At around 6.40pm a man came to the window of a woman's property and claimed to be a water board official.
He left the property when told that the woman was not interested in speaking to him but police are warning other local residents to be alert to the possible fraudulent threat.
The man is described as white, tall, skinny, of average build, with wavy hair, dark stubble and scruffy clothing.
Police officers searched the area to try and talk with the man last night but did not find him.
You may also want to watch:
For more advice about what to be aware of when answering the door to strangers, see www.norfolk.police.uk
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47