Police use taser in mass brawl outside Gorleston nightclub in early hours of Saturday morning
- Credit: Archant
A large fight started outside a popular venue in Gorleston in the early hours of Saturday morning following the end of a club-themed night.
Police used a taser to contain the brawl shortly after 2am near the Ocean Room on Pier Gardens.
An eyewitness said that 'about nine police cars' were sent to the scene – and claimed that around 200 people were outside the venue.
The witness said they 'couldn't believe how many' police officers were called just after the venue had closed at about 2am.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust confirmed they were called at 2.28am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'We treated three patients at the scene and took all of them to hospital for further care.'
The spokesman was unable to confirm the extent of the injuries.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
The nightspot was hosting its 'Noughties & Now' themed night, which ran from 10pm until 2am.
A representative from the Ocean Room could not be reached for a comment.