Police to re-visit scene of serious Wisbech sexual assault
DETECTIVES investigating a serious sexual assault in Wisbech will re-visit the scene two weeks on to conduct further inquires.
The assault happened in the area of Wisbech Park shortly before 2am on Saturday August 13 .
Officers will carry out extra patrols in and around the park late in the evening tomorrow into the early hours on Saturday.
Det Insp Lorraine Parker, said: 'Officers will work throughout the night, speaking to people in the area to see if they have any information about the assault.
'We're still keen to trace two members of the public: a young blonde woman and a man were seen close to Freedom Bridge roundabout near the police station moments before the assault.'
You may also want to watch:
'This was a traumatic experience for the victim and I am keen to find out who carried out this attack.
'We are treating this as an isolated incident and would advise people to take the usual personal safety precautions.'
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
Anyone with information should contact Det Insp Parker on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.