Police to hold engagement surgeries across Norfolk after closure of seven public enquiry offices
PUBLISHED: 08:51 13 February 2018 | UPDATED: 09:32 13 February 2018
With seven Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs) due to close in Norfolk at the end of next month, police have announced details of some engagement surgeries.
The closures of PEOs in Hunstanton, Downham Market, Thetford, Dereham, Fakenham, Cromer and North Walsham will help save £320,000 and followed a review which found a drop in use.
But “engagement surgeries” will be held in the on a regular basis across the county at the following locations from April 1 2018:
• Cromer, alternating with North Walsham – Wednesday: 1pm – 3pm
• Dereham biweekly – Tuesday: 12pm – 2pm
• Diss - Friday 10am – 12pm
• Downham Market – Thursday: 11am -1pm
• Fakenham – Wednesday: 1pm – 3pm
• Hunstanton – Wednesday: 11am – 1pm
• North Walsham, alternating with Cromer - Wednesday 1pm – 3pm
• Thetford every Tuesday 12pm – 2pm