Police still searching for man who sparked armed response in Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Armed police officers swooped on an address in Gorleston following reports a man had verbally threatened to harm people.
The alarm was raised by a third party at 3.42pm yesterday when officers were called to an address in Gorleston High Street at Icehouse Hill.
However they were unable to trace the man, aged in his 30s.
A spokesman said: 'Enquiries are ongoing to locate him at this time.
'This is being treated as an isolated incident and it is not believed there is any wider threat to the public.'
You may also want to watch:
People at the scene described a heavy police presence with some six or seven police cars including officers with dogs.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working