Police still investigating death of Michael Campion, 49, at Hellesdon Hospital, review told
- Credit: Archant © 2012
A pre-inquest review into the death of a man at Hellesdon Hospital heard today that police were still investigating the incident.
As reported, police launched an investigation in October last year following the death of Michael Campion, 49, who had been receiving treatment at the hospital.
At today's review, Norfolk coroner Jacqueline Lake said: 'I'm awaiting a police report and I understand that the CPS is still investigating this matter, and that an independent doctor's report is being considered in light of that.'
She adjourned the matter to March 12 by which time she hoped the police report would be available, and they could move to fixing a date for the inquest.
Mr Campion, from the East Rudham area, was found unconscious in his room at Hellesdon Hospital at 3.10am on Tuesday, October 1.
You may also want to watch:
He died at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Friday, October 4.
Three people have been interviewed, under caution, about Mr Campion's death.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home