Police seek information after silver truck seen acting suspiciously in Saham Toney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police are investigating after the driver of a truck was seen acting suspiciously in Saham Toney.
A post on the Norfolk Constabulary Facebook page said investigations had begun after rumours of an attempted abduction in Pages Lane appeared online.
The post said: 'Police are aware of rumours circulating on social media of an attempted abduction of a boy in Pages Lane, Saham Toney yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, September 14).
'Whilst there is no evidence at this stage to suggest an attempted abduction took place, officers are investigating reports of a truck seen acting suspiciously in the area.'
A silver truck with a ladder, believed to be the same vehicle, was also seen near Watton Primary School at around 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday). The driver was seen speaking to a boy.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about either of these incidents is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK