Police seek information after silver truck seen acting suspiciously in Saham Toney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police are investigating after the driver of a truck was seen acting suspiciously in Saham Toney.
A post on the Norfolk Constabulary Facebook page said investigations had begun after rumours of an attempted abduction in Pages Lane appeared online.
The post said: 'Police are aware of rumours circulating on social media of an attempted abduction of a boy in Pages Lane, Saham Toney yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, September 14).
'Whilst there is no evidence at this stage to suggest an attempted abduction took place, officers are investigating reports of a truck seen acting suspiciously in the area.'
A silver truck with a ladder, believed to be the same vehicle, was also seen near Watton Primary School at around 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday). The driver was seen speaking to a boy.
Anyone with information about either of these incidents is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 6 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 7 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 8 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 9 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 10 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69