Police road safety warning after boy spotted carrying bike over 70mph road
- Credit: Archant
Police have urged pedestrians to use road crossings and avoid risks after a teenage boy was spotted carrying his bike over the middle of a 70mph Norwich road.
The boy was seen crossing the Broadland Northway - often known as the Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NDR) - near Norwich airport on Sunday, lifting his bike over the barrier and cycling across to Holt Road.
There is a nearby bridge crossing.
Inspector Lou Provart, tactical firearms commander and incident manager for Norfolk police, said: 'Pedestrians taking risks like these are a significant danger to themselves and other road users.
'The NDR is a major trunk road serving a high volume of traffic on a national road speed of up to 70mph.
You may also want to watch:
'We would advise all pedestrians to use the crossings over the NDR as they are adequately available at regular intervals.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog