Police raid a trio of cannabis factories in Gorleston and Winterton over the last month
A string of cannabis factories have been raided by police across Great Yarmouth in the last month.
Two in Gorleston were sniffed out by officers attending other incidents and the other in Winterton was as a result of a tip off.
In the first discovery they were called to a disturbance at an address in New College Close in Gorleston on Sunday December 18.
On arrival they smelled cannabis and found a small factory in a bedroom. Andrew Levine, 40, of New College Close was arrested and subsequently charged with production of cannabis. He is due to appear at Great Yarmouth magistrates court on Tuesday.
Meanwhile police found an 18-plant cannabis factory at a home in Avondale Road in Gorleston on New Year's Day while completing inquiries on another incident. Neil Burton, 29, of Avondale Road was arrested and subsequently charged with production of cannabis and made his first appearance at Norwich magistrates court on January 2. He was also charged with assault by beating and harassment.
The latest discovery, on Tuesday, January 10, came after police received information that cannabis was being grown at an address in Winterton-on-Sea. Officers attended and searched the property finding a total of 58 plants in a bedroom and a shed. Drugs and growing equipment were seized. A 41-year-old man has been interviewed in relation to the find.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash