Police probe sudden death of woman at Norwich hospital
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating the mystery death of a pensioner at a Norwich mental health hospital.
Paramedics were called to reports of a collapsed woman at the Julian Hospital, in Bowthorpe Road, at 11.49am on Thursday.
Two ambulances and a rapid response car were despatched, but the elderly woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ambulance service staff called police to the scene at around 12.10pm, and a number of officers were conducting enquiries at the hospital throughout the afternoon and into the evening.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the death was being treated as unexplained, and confirmed that the woman was a patient at the Julian Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics left the scene at around 12.50pm, and police have yet to reveal the name or age of the woman.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to be carried out.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
The Julian Hospital assesses and cares for older people with mental health problems such as dementia and depression.
Police said enquires were continuing into the circumstances of the death.