Police name motorcyclist in fatal accident on A47 near King’s Lynn
A motorcyclist who was killed in a crash near King's Lynn on Monday evening has been named by police.
Darrall Beckett, 45, who was from Stanground, Peterborough, died after hitting the central reservation and then colliding with a car on the A47 at Walpole Highway, just under two miles from Lynn's Pullover roundabout.
Mr Beckett had been travelling on a Suzuki motorcycle as part of a group of three when the crash happened and a police spokesman said he died from head injuries as a result of hitting the central barrier.
He was also hit by a blue Renault Megane, but the fatal injury appeared to come from the initial impact, the spokesman added.
The driver of the car was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
The bikes were travelling towards Wisbech in the outside lane of the dual carriageway when the crash happened.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response car and an ambulance to the crash just after 8.30pm, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'Our thoughts are with the man's family at this tragic time.'
Police are currently investigating the circumstances of the crash.
Witnesses with any information are being asked to contact the constabulary's serious collision investigation team by calling 0845 456 4567.