Police name man who died in collision in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied
Police say Arturas Matuzevicius, 49, of Lilac Close, Wisbech, was walking in Wisteria Road when the collision happened.
A 51-year-old man from Wisbech arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving remains at King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
Medics were on the scene of the accident within two minutes. But the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: 'We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
'Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the collision should call the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price