Police name man who died in collision in the Fens
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Police have named a man who died in a collision in the Fens.
The accident happened on Main Drove at Little Downham, near Littleport, on Tuesday afternoon.
At about 2.15pm a Iveco Ford HGV was involved in a collision with two men who were repairing a tractor by the side of the road.
Alvis Smith, 48, of Tower Road in Wisbech died at the scene.
The second man, also in his 40s, received serious, but not life threatening, injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry, a man in his 50s, was uninjured.
Officers are investigating the circumstances of the collision. No arrests have been made.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success