Police name 37-year-old motorcyclist killed in Blundeston crash
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A motorcyclist who died following a two vehicle collision near Lowestoft has been named by police.
Nigel Last, 37, of Aldeby near Beccles, was killed in a collision on the A47 Yarmouth Road at Blundeston.
The incident happened near to the Market Lane junction at 11.35am yesterday, when the motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with a Vauxhall Corsa.
Suffolk Police said Mr Last died at the scene despite efforts to save him.
The driver of the car received minor injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Police and paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust were called to the crash scene.
The northbound A47 was closed at Rackhams Corner for a collision investigation to take place and reopened shortly before 5pm.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who may have dash cam footage of the incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 170 of August 28.