Lifeboats join search for missing Norfolk 79-year-old
- Credit: Archant
Police in Norfolk and Suffolk are concerned for the wellbeing of a missing 79-year-old.
George Vale, from Hopton, is believed to be in Lowestoft.
A Suffolk Fire Service drone was deployed at 7.45pm on Friday, September 7 and lifeboat crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, and Lowestoft have been searching the coastline since 7.22pm.
Duty Inspector Gine Hopkinson said: 'We actually received the missing persons report this morning about 9.30am, and he's been missing since 9am.
'He is elderly which suggests he is potentially vunerable.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vale is described as a slim white male, 5ft 8in tall, with brown greying hair which is three to four inches long.
It is unknown what he is wearing.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Duty Inspector Chris Tompkins said: 'He left his home address in Yarmouth, exact times are still being looked at.
'We are searching between his home address and the Lowestoft locality.'
Anyone with information should call 101 and reference CAD 96.