Police looking for witnesses to hate crime in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A man was punched several times in an unprovoked attack, that was believed to be racially motivated, in Littleport.
Detectives say they are treating the assault on the 40-year-old Eastern European man in Parsons Lane at about midnight June 17/18 as a hate crime.
DC Mark Beaven said: 'It is clear from what the attackers said that this man was targeted because of where he is from.
'I would appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time or has any information about the man pictured in the image to contact police.'
A man and a youth approached him as he walked home and verbally abused him before punching him several times causing him to fall to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
After the assault he ran to the Crown pub where police were alerted. He was treated in hospital and released.
Police are appealing for information and have released CCTV of a man they would like to trace.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CF0341540617 or visit www.contactcambspolice.uk/Report/.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.