Police launch appeal for information as Scarning fatality revealed to be man in his 60s
- Credit: Archant
The police have announced that a man in his 60s was the victim of last nights fatal collision on the A47 at Scarning.
The man was the only person in his car, and sadly died at the scene of the crash.
The incident happened shortly after 7.45pm when a blue Vauxhall Vectra travelling onto the A47 towards Swaffham was involved in a collision with a silver Vauxhall Zafira travelling towards Norwich.
The Vectra then collided with a third vehicle, a white Mercedes C220, travelling towards Norwich.
The driver and a passenger in the Mercedes were taken to hospital for treatment, however their injuries are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The police are now appealing for witnesses of the event, or people who may know the manner of driving of the vehicles immediately before the smash.
Those with any information should contact the Serious Collisions Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping