Police issue warning after burglary in Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police have issued a warning to residents in Diss to make sure their homes are secure after a walk-in burglary.
The incident happened in Blackthorn Close overnight on Tuesday, May 2.
The suspect/s entered the property via an insecure conservatory door and stole a Macbook, mobile phone and purse containing cards and cash.
Inspector Jason Selvarajah, of South Norfolk Police said: 'I would urge residents to review home security measures and make sure doors are locked overnight and before you head out.
'We are increasing patrols in the area and I would urge anyone who witnesses suspicious activity to contact police on 101.'
Police issued a warning in April after a spate of burglaries in the Roydon area where people gained access to properties which were insecure.
Anyone with information regarding the burglary should contact Norwich CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75