Investigations continue into fatal house fire
- Credit: Archant
Crime scene investigators remain at the scene of a house fire which killed an elderly woman.
Police were called to the home on Unthank Road, Norwich, at 7am on Friday (December 11) to help Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service after reports of a fire.
Inspector Gina Hopkinson, from Norfolk Police, said crime scene investigators from the force remained at the scene on Sunday, December 13, carrying out forensics.
They were supporting fire officers who were also investigating the cause of the fire.
Insp Hopkinson added that the house was expected to be sealed off until Sunday evening.
On Saturday, three police vehicles, including one of the force’s forensics services vans, were parked outside.
The woman’s death is being treated as unexplained, but on Friday night, police confirmed a man in his late teens had been arrested.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 6 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak