Police investigating unexplained death on Thetford estate
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a man on the Abbey estate in Thetford.
Officers were called to a garage block in Durham Way at around 6pm on Monday after paramedics had been called to attend to a man found motionless on the ground. He was treated but pronounced dead at the scene.
Residents reported seeing the man on the ground being given CPR.
A post mortem examination held yesterday (Wednesday) proved inconclusive and enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding his death.
A man who was arrested and questioned in relation to the incident has been released on police bail with conditions until March 14, 2017 while enquiries continue.
The incident is not being linked to the death of a woman in Frobisher Close, Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have asked for anyone who may have been in the area around the time of the incident and believes they could have information to assist police to contact Thetford CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones