Police investigating unexplained death following disturbance near pub in Toft Monks, near Beccles
Detectives are investigating an unexplained death following an incident in Toft Monks, near Beccles in the early hours of New Year's Day.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Mardle Road at 3.15am today following reports of a disturbance outside the White Lion public house.
A man in his 20s was taken to the James Paget University Hospital but later sadly died.
His death is currently being treated as unexplained and a post mortem examination will take place in due course to establish the cause of death.
Two men aged 38 and 45 have been arrested in connection with the incident and remain in custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
An investigation has been launched in order to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident and anyone with information is asked to contact Norwich CID on 101.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies