Police investigating suspected burglary at Co-op supermarket in Mulbarton last night
Customers heading to the Co-op supermarket in Mulbarton were greeted by a police presence this morning after a suspected overnight burglary.
Norfolk Police are yet to confirm the incident but it appears the store may have been the victim of a ram-raid burglary in the early hours of this morning.
An eye-witness from nearby Hanover Gardens said she heard 'a crash of metal' at the Cuckoofield Lane supermarket at about 2.15am, followed by an alarm sounding.
The woman said she then saw three men running away from the store, on Birchfield Lane, about five minutes after the alarm started sounding, while pulling a black wheelie bin behind them.
She said she then heard a car drive off directly afterwards.
The supermarket remained closed until 11.45am today while police investigated and cleared the scene.
- Do you know what happened? Contact reporter Martin George on 01603 772495 or email@example.com
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK