Police investigating suspected burglary at Co-op supermarket in Mulbarton last night
Customers heading to the Co-op supermarket in Mulbarton were greeted by a police presence this morning after a suspected overnight burglary.
Norfolk Police are yet to confirm the incident but it appears the store may have been the victim of a ram-raid burglary in the early hours of this morning.
An eye-witness from nearby Hanover Gardens said she heard 'a crash of metal' at the Cuckoofield Lane supermarket at about 2.15am, followed by an alarm sounding.
The woman said she then saw three men running away from the store, on Birchfield Lane, about five minutes after the alarm started sounding, while pulling a black wheelie bin behind them.
She said she then heard a car drive off directly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The supermarket remained closed until 11.45am today while police investigated and cleared the scene.
- Do you know what happened? Contact reporter Martin George on 01603 772495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results