Police investigating fire at builder’s merchant
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a fire in a warehouse at a builder's merchant.
Eight fire crews were called to less2build on Swaffham Road, Narborough, in the early hours of today.
They found a fierce fire had taken hold in a large shed at the site, from where timber and building materials are sold online.
Norfolk fire service said the cause had not yet been established. Crews were still on the scene damping down this morning.
A police spokesman said: 'Police were called to a fire at around 1.34am on this morning, Monday, March 9, at a property in Swaffham Road, Narborough. We are involved in investigations alongside fire.'
You may also want to watch:
People living near the scene were advised to keep doors and windows closed as firefighters tackled the blaze.
MORE - crews tackle major warehouse blazeMichael Mundy, who lives around 100yds from the site, said he was woken by the fire.
'It was around two-ish, it was like a crackling, bubbling sound,' he said.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
Another man living nearby said: 'I got up and I could see loads of lights. There was an orange glow and six or seven fire engines there.'
A worker at less2build said no-one was available to speak about the blaze.