Police investigating fire at builder’s merchant
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a fire in a warehouse at a builder's merchant.
Eight fire crews were called to less2build on Swaffham Road, Narborough, in the early hours of today.
They found a fierce fire had taken hold in a large shed at the site, from where timber and building materials are sold online.
Norfolk fire service said the cause had not yet been established. Crews were still on the scene damping down this morning.
A police spokesman said: 'Police were called to a fire at around 1.34am on this morning, Monday, March 9, at a property in Swaffham Road, Narborough. We are involved in investigations alongside fire.'
You may also want to watch:
People living near the scene were advised to keep doors and windows closed as firefighters tackled the blaze.
MORE - crews tackle major warehouse blazeMichael Mundy, who lives around 100yds from the site, said he was woken by the fire.
'It was around two-ish, it was like a crackling, bubbling sound,' he said.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
Another man living nearby said: 'I got up and I could see loads of lights. There was an orange glow and six or seven fire engines there.'
A worker at less2build said no-one was available to speak about the blaze.