Police investigate as woman dies in fire in Burnham Market today
An elderly woman has died in a house fire in Burnham Market, near Wells, this afternoon.
Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the death.
Emergency services attended a property in Church Walk shortly before 2.50pm after concerns were raised for the welfare of the occupant and reports of a fire at the property.
The woman was discovered at the address and despite attempts to treat her, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fire and police investigations are still at an early stage, but the death is currently being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon remains at the property pending further investigations.
Anyone with information should call Norfolk Police on the non-emergency number, 101.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich