Driver flees crash on A47 while being followed by police
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are hunting a driver who ran from the scene of a crash in which another driver received minor injuries this afternoon.
Two cars were involved in a collision on the A47, near the outskirts of King's Lynn, at around 2pm. One was being followed by police immediately beforehand.
A police spokesman said: "We are attending a crash at the moment on the A47 at Lower Pullover near to the Pullover Roundabout.
"The driver of one of the vehicles has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with minor head injuries.
"The other vehicle involved was being followed by police. The driver has decamped and we are now trying to trace the driver of the vehicle."
The incident involved a black Saab, which had failed to stop for police, moments later colliding with a Vauxhall on the Pullover Roundabout, before crashing into a ditch.
The driver of the Saab fled scene and still being sought.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
The driver of Vauxhall taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital to be treated for minor head injuries.