Driver flees crash on A47 while being followed by police
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are hunting a driver who ran from the scene of a crash in which another driver received minor injuries this afternoon.
Two cars were involved in a collision on the A47, near the outskirts of King's Lynn, at around 2pm. One was being followed by police immediately beforehand.
A police spokesman said: "We are attending a crash at the moment on the A47 at Lower Pullover near to the Pullover Roundabout.
"The driver of one of the vehicles has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with minor head injuries.
"The other vehicle involved was being followed by police. The driver has decamped and we are now trying to trace the driver of the vehicle."
You may also want to watch:
The incident involved a black Saab, which had failed to stop for police, moments later colliding with a Vauxhall on the Pullover Roundabout, before crashing into a ditch.
The driver of the Saab fled scene and still being sought.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase
The driver of Vauxhall taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital to be treated for minor head injuries.