Police helicopter scrambled to search along A140
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The police helicopter was scrambled on Tuesday night to assist Norfolk Police with a search for a missing person.
NPAS Boreham was dispatched along the A140 to help with enquiries.
The team landed close to the road to check from the ground but the subject of the search had not been located by 7pm.
It is understood that the search related to missing Essex man Nigel Kedar, who was last seen in Long Stratton on Tuesday, April 4.
Officers yesterday put out an appeal for Mr Kedar, who is described as white, 5ft 11 tall, of large build and with short hair.
• Anyone with information should contact the police on 999.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys