Police helicopter called to assist with Loddon search
A major search was on in Loddon this morning after a man was reported missing following treatment for a head injury.
Police from Norfolk Constabulary were called to Church Plain at 2.40am by the East of England Ambulance Service, who were attending to a 17-year-old man with a head injury.
It is understood the man sustained the injury by falling over and while his was being treated he fled the scene.
The police helicopter also assisted in the search, as well as appliances from Norfolk Fire Service, with crews from Loddon and Norwich attending.
Resident Sue Rabong, 56, of George Lane, Loddon, said: ''The helicopter was circling the village for ages and then hovered over the playing field and put the searchlight on. There were also several police cars.'
You may also want to watch:
The man was eventually found safe and well just after 3.40am this morning and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat