Police fear missing Weybread couple have become victims of crime
- Credit: Archant
Police fear a couple who have gone missing from Weybread in north Suffolk have become the victims of crime.
They have been unable to get in touch with Peter and Sylvia Stuart, from Mill Lane in Weybread, near Diss, and have already asked friends and neighbours and checked hospitals in a bid to find them.
Mr and Mrs Stuart have not been seen since Saturday.
Officers were contacted around 7.15am on Friday morning by a relative who concerned she had not heard from the couple.
After discovering the couple's vehicle was still at their home, officers searched their home and launched a full-scale investigation, which made use of the police helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stuart, 75, is described as white, around 5ft 6ins tall, of stocky build with white/ grey balding hair. He wears glasses and usually wears jeans and a top.
Mrs Stuart, 69, is described as white, around 5ft 1inch tall, of slim build with short blonde hair. She often wears glasses and may have been wearing a top and trousers.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Parkes said; 'We are very concerned for Peter and Sylvia. While there is still a possibility they may have left of their own free will, the fact that their car is still at the property and they had not told anyone they were going away is out-of-character. We have to fear that they have become the victims of crime.
'We have launched a major enquiry to find them and we will be carrying out searches of the property to see if we can gather more information, as well as conducting other work to locate them. We would urge anyone who may have seen them, or anyone with information about where they are to get in touch as a matter of urgency.'
Police are asking the couple, anyone who may have seen them since Saturday or anyone with information about their whereabouts to call Suffolk Police on either 01473 782000 or 101, quoting CAD number 49 of today, Friday, June 3.