Investigations continue after body of elderly woman is discovered in housing estate
- Credit: Archant
Police are today continuing investigations into the death of an elderly woman whose body was discovered in her home on Friday night.
At around 11.30pm on October 18, concerns were raised over the welfare of the occupant of a property on Highfield Avenue in Swaffham, to which police were called.
On entering the property, officers discovered the body of a woman who was aged in her 90s.
Police are continuing to treat her death as unexplained, with a post mortem examination scheduled to take place later today - Sunday, October 20.
Officers have cordoned off the area while further investigations into the circumstances surrounding her death continue.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary this morning said that investigations were "ongoing".
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?