Police confirm person has died in road crash on outskirts of Watton
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Police have confirmed that a person has died following a road crash on the outskirts of Watton.
Officers were called to reports of a collision between a Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Meriva at around 6pm this evening on the B1108 Norwich Road, close to the junction with Mill Lane, at Carbrooke.
The road has been closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene and diversions have been put in place.
Police said a male has died as a result of the crash and investigations are underway to determine the circumstances surrounding the crash and witnesses are asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary's serious collision investigation team on 101.
Police said no further information about the deceased will be released until next of kin have been informed.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Watton, Hingham and Attleborough also attended and extricated three people from vehicles using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party