Man’s body found in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found dead inside a block of flats in Dereham.
Police have confirmed a body was found on Tuesday, January 1, at Aldiss Court, just off the High Street.
Officers were called to the scene shortly after 9.30am following reports the body of a man had been found inside a block of flats.
One eyewitness, a 44-year-old woman from Dereham who asked not to be named, said: 'I just saw all the police cars down street when I went into town.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'The death is not believed to be suspicious.'
You may also want to watch:
A file will be prepared for the coroner.
A fire engine from Dereham assisted police at the scene.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: 'One appliance from Dereham assisted police.'
The fire service were called at 11.25am and had left the scene by 12.14pm.