A11 re-opens after lorry crash at Snetterton
- Credit: Archant
Drivers faced major disruption after a jack-knifed lorry meant police had to close the Thetford-bound carriageway of the A11.
The lorry crashed into the central reservation on a stretch of the road between Snetterton and Larling at just after 6.30am on Wednesday, November 14.
Norfolk police tweeted that, as well as closing the south-bound A11 completely, there was also debris on the Norwich-bound carriageway in the same location, so one lane closed there too.
Diesel was spilled, with fire engines also heading to the scene to use granules to soak it up.
The southbound carriageway was briefly shut for that work to happen.
You may also want to watch:
The A11 northbound is now completely open but one southbound lane is still closed while the clear-up continues, leading to major tailbacks.
•Check our live traffic map before you travel
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old