Police close Halesworth bank after “suspicious” package found
A bank in north Suffolk shut today following reports of a suspicious package left inside the branch.
Police officers were called this afternoon to Barclays Bank in the Thoroughfare, Halesworth, shortly after 1.35pm.
Police press officer Anne-Marie Breach said: 'We were called to reports of a trolley on wheels back-pack with a sliding handle, as it had been left at the cash desk for about 30 minutes. Staff did not see anyone with the trolley and their head office advised them to call the police.
'The branch was closed to the public and staff were in a secure area while officers checked the CCTV footage.
'A lady owner of the package returned at about 2.45pm reporting her missing bag. Officers were reassured it was hers and the bank reopened around 3pm.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party