Police close city centre car park
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed a Norwich street and cordoned off a city-centre car park due to an ongoing incident.
Duke Street and St Andrew's carpark are currently closed to the public.
Officers were called to the scene at 4.37am.
There is not believed to be any risk to the public.
Police have said Duke Street is likely to be closed for some time and are asking people to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
While the carpark is closed pass-holders will be able to use any of the Norwich City Council's other pay and display carparks by displaying their passes on their dashboard.
The road closure is currently causing long delays and congestion in the city centre.
For the latest travel information check the edp24 traffic map.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk