Police charge 17-year-old with escaping from lawful custody
A 17-year-old has been charged with escaping from lawful custody.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court tomorrow morning, after being detained in police custody tonight.
A police helicopter had circled over Gorleston on Tuesday evening, February 11.
A number of units, including a National Police Air Service (NPAS) helicopter based in Wattisham, were deployed to the James Paget University Hospital between 7pm and 8pm during a search.
Following a search, a youth was detained within half a mile of the hospital grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Police said that further enquiries are currently under way to establish the full circumstances of the incident.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way