Police called to ‘stolen car’ blaze in Lingwood, near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A car which caught fire in the early hours of the morning may have been stolen.
One crew of firefighters from Acle were called to the blaze on Acle Road, Lingwood, 400m from the A47, at 3.46am, and arrived at 4am.
They used compressed air foam to put out the fire, which also damaged overhead cables.
They declared the incident over at 4.10am.
Firefighters then called police to the scene because they believed the car may have been stolen, and the fire may have been started deliberately.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now making further enquiries, and trying to trace the car's owner.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 8 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England