Police called to car crashes around Norwich following heavy downpour
Police were called to a spate of car crashes around Norwich on Saturday afternoon following a heavy downpour.
Officers were called to the A47 near the Thickthorn roundabout at 3.20pm after a car spun off the road.
One lane in the west-bound direction was blocked following the accident, causing long tailbacks.
Magdalen Road in Norwich, was partially blocked both ways at Marlborough Road at 1.45pm after an accident between a car and a motorbike.
On Hellesdon Road in Norwich, a Renault Clio overturned shortly before 2.30pm, blocking the road between Marl Pit Lane and Low Road.
You may also want to watch:
At 3pm fire crews from Earlham and Carrow put out a car blaze on the A47 slip road by Costessey.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'