Police called to car crashes around Norwich following heavy downpour
Police were called to a spate of car crashes around Norwich on Saturday afternoon following a heavy downpour.
Officers were called to the A47 near the Thickthorn roundabout at 3.20pm after a car spun off the road.
One lane in the west-bound direction was blocked following the accident, causing long tailbacks.
Magdalen Road in Norwich, was partially blocked both ways at Marlborough Road at 1.45pm after an accident between a car and a motorbike.
On Hellesdon Road in Norwich, a Renault Clio overturned shortly before 2.30pm, blocking the road between Marl Pit Lane and Low Road.
You may also want to watch:
At 3pm fire crews from Earlham and Carrow put out a car blaze on the A47 slip road by Costessey.
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 9 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 10 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom