Body found in River Yare believed to be that of missing man Tony Green
- Credit: Archant
Police believe that a body pulled from the River Yare in Great Yarmouth is that of missing man Tony Green.
The 25-year-old, who lived in family homes in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth, was last seen on Saturday, September 8 in Bar X on Northgate Street.
Norfolk police said officers were called to the River Yare, near Haven Bridge, shortly before 3.30pm yesterday (September 15) and recovered a body from the water.
Police said the body is believed to be that of Mr Green.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained and a post mortem examination will take place in due course, police said.
A police cordon was put in place around South Quay as emergency services recovered the body.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police began its search on Monday morning and had been assisted by the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
On Wednesday his family issued a heartfelt plea for him to return home and also carried out their own independent search.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
They traced the route he was expected to take back to his grandmother's house on Saturday night.