Police arrest wanted man in Beccles for GBH and drug driving after pursuit
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
A man has been arrested after a police chase in Beccles.
The driver was flagged to stop by police after he was caught speeding.
However the motorist failed to pull over and instead continued driving, leading to what police describe as a 'short pursuit'.
The pursuit continued on foot and the suspect even tried swimming in the river in an attempt to evade officers.
When he eventually stopped, police discovered he was wanted for grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
After a drugs test he was also found to be driving under the influence of narcotics.
He also had no valid driving licence or insurance.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 9 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
The man was arrested at the scene.