Police arrest man carrying knife in King’s Lynn street
A man walking along a Norfolk road holding a knife has been detained by police.
The 31-year-old was arrested after officers were called to Gayton Road, King's Lynn, at 5.10pm today (Sunday).
Armed officers were deployed to the scene, but the suspect was quickly detained by unarmed officers outside the Wildfowler pub before they arrived.
Officers used personal safety equipment and PAVA incapacitant spray to detain the man.
He was arrested and remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police said no members of the public or officers received any injuries as a result of this incident.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City