Police arrest man after boats are damaged and fight breaks out at Beccles Yacht Station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an incident at Beccles Yacht Station in which a fight broke out and boats were damaged.
The Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard Rescue Teams were paged at 10.09pm by Humber Coastguard Operations Centre to reports of a vessel collision in the marina.
Suffolk police were also called to the scene after receiving reports that a fight had broken out.
Upon arrival, the attending coastguards and police officers witnessed a vessel being controlled by a drunk driver, who was driving erratically up and down the river.
During a two-hour negotiation period in which the driver refused to stop, the assistance of Hemsby Broads Lifeboat was requested. The lifeboat went down river and met with the vessel in question, where police were able to board.
One male, who had allegedly been wielding a baseball bat, was arrested on suspicion of causing an affray and taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre.
The vessel was secured at Geldeston Boat Yard and the coastguard team were stood down at 2am.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast