Police arrest man after boats are damaged and fight breaks out at Beccles Yacht Station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an incident at Beccles Yacht Station in which a fight broke out and boats were damaged.
The Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard Rescue Teams were paged at 10.09pm by Humber Coastguard Operations Centre to reports of a vessel collision in the marina.
Suffolk police were also called to the scene after receiving reports that a fight had broken out.
Upon arrival, the attending coastguards and police officers witnessed a vessel being controlled by a drunk driver, who was driving erratically up and down the river.
During a two-hour negotiation period in which the driver refused to stop, the assistance of Hemsby Broads Lifeboat was requested. The lifeboat went down river and met with the vessel in question, where police were able to board.
You may also want to watch:
One male, who had allegedly been wielding a baseball bat, was arrested on suspicion of causing an affray and taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre.
The vessel was secured at Geldeston Boat Yard and the coastguard team were stood down at 2am.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash