Police arrest another man and woman in connection with Beccles jewellers robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two more people have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a jewellers in Beccles.
Officers were called to Copperfield jewellers in New Market at around 4pm last Friday. Four men, who all had their faces covered, entered the business and threatened the owner before stealing a number of items. It is believed they were armed with a shotgun and a knife. Nobody was injured during the incident.
A 19-year-old man from Gorleston was arrested on Tuesday morning after he handed himself in at Lowestoft Police Station. Another 19-year-old from Gorleston and a 26-year-old from the Great Yarmouth area were arrested by officers the same day.
They have been bailed to return to police on November 9, to allow further enquiries to be carried out.
The fourth man – a 21-year-old – was detained earlier today in Great Yarmouth and has been taken into custody where he will be interviewed.
You may also want to watch:
Police have also arrested a fifth person – a 21-year-old woman – on suspicion of assisting an offender. She too has been bailed to return to police on November 9.
Detectives are continuing with enquiries and are asking anyone with information to call Lowestoft CID on 101. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer