Police arrest 11 men in Billingford, near Diss
Police swooped to arrest 11 men at a Norfolk village on suspicion of a number of offences related to violent disorder.
Six men were arrested on the A143 at Billingford, near Diss, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder, including an 18-year-old from Stowmarket, a 37-year-old from Beck Row, a 21-year-old from Beck Row, a 35-year-old from New Costessey, a 43-year-old from Palgrave and a 59-year-old from Beck Row.
All six have been released on police bail to return to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre (PIC) at the end of October.
A further two men- an 18-year-old from Hockering and a 19-year-old from Beck Row- were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and released on police bail to return to Yarmouth PIC at the end of October.
Two more men were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder and making threats to kill, including a 54-year-old from New Costessey and a 30-year-old from Mattishall, who were also bailed to report to Yarmouth PIC at the end of October.
And a 37-year-old man from Beck Row was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder and possession of a bladed weapon in a public place and was also given police bail to report to Yarmouth PIC at the end of October.
The men were arrested at 11am on August 29 after police received reports a member of the public had been threatened and officers from both Norfolk and Suffolk were involved in the investigation.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 10 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches