Police appealing for information after theft of outboard engine at Wroxham
Police are urging boaters to make sure they are taking necessary security measures to prevent thefts after an outboard engine was stolen in Wroxham.
The incident happened between 4pm on Friday, July 6 and 7.30am on Monday at Riverside Moorings on the River Bure.
An unknown number of suspects stole a Yamaha 35hp outboard engine and a five gallon fuel tank from a work boat.
Police have advised boaters using outboard engines to completely remove them if vessels are being left for long periods of time.
Other advice included using weatherproof outboard engine covers, providing the cowling is removed, and making a note of the engines serial number to make it easier to identify should it be stolen.
You may also want to watch:
? Anyone with information about the theft or the whereabouts of the stolen outboard engine should contact PC Paul Bassham at Broads Beat on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'