Police appeal to trace man who threw bricks at woman and assaulted motorist in wounding incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared in a north Lowestoft car park.
The incident took place about 12.15pm, yesterday (Sunday, June 15) in the Links car park in Links Road, Lowestoft.
A man and a woman were seen having a verbal argument beside a white transit van in the car park. The woman ran out of the car park and the man threw bricks at her.
She then walked back to the man, who assaulted her causing her to fall to the ground.
Witnesses called police but moments later a 4x4 vehicle drove into the car park and a man got out. The first man ran away but returned and was then seen assaulting the driver of the 4x4 vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'The 4x4 driver was taken to the James Paget University Hospital and received a broken leg and a head injury. Another man – driving a red van – then intervened, pulling the first man off the driver of the 4x4.
'The first man then drove off in the white van with the woman. It's believed that three children aged between four and 13 were also in the white van.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Police have spoken to both the 4x4 driver and the driver of the red van but are trying to trace the couple in the white transit van, thought to be a 2001 – 2002 model.
The man driving the white van is described as being white, about 35-years-old, six foot tall, of athletic build, with short dark hair and wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt.
The woman he was arguing with is described as white, aged early to mid 30s, of medium to chubby build, about five foot to 5ft 2 ins tall, with short dark hair and wearing a multi-coloured skirt.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who was in the area at the time who may have witnessed the event.
If you recognise the description of the couple who were arguing or if you have any information about this incident, please call Det Con Lee Millard at Lowestoft CID on 101.